Another Fruita Thread ???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Why not. The MTB Doc says most of us don’t get enough Fruita’s in our diet 😉

Miniskibum and I made our annual Fall pilgrimage this weekend. Sunday was awesome, just doing laps around 18 road. It was my first go at MoJoes and Mini’s first time on Joes and Chutes and Ladders as well. In another first, it was Mini’s first time cleaning the rock on Prime Cut. No pics here as we were just too busy cranking laps, especially on PBR, to stop for photos.

The grand adventure for the weekend, however, came on Saturday as we both hit the Palisade Rim for the first time. What a fantastic ride! Only nine and a half miles, but nine and a half really intense miles. The initial climb is one of the toughest I’ve ever seen, being both heinously steep and relentlessly technical. Once up top, the buff sections are but brief respites from the near constant techy bits and repeated sharp ups and downs. There is big exposure all over this trail–not for the acrophobic! But those ledges also sport some wicked good views. This trail is a fantastic addition to an area that already has an embarrassing wealth of singletrack quantity and quality!

Miniskibum shows some technical climbing prowess

One of many overlook spots

It seems like you’re always going up or down something like this on this route

Nice view of the Book Cliffs, The Grand Valley, and the vineyards in their fall colors

A great overlook spot

The same spot close up

All those obstacles that were so much fun on the way up are even more fun on the way down!

Nice, that looks like a fantastic ride! Adding it to my wishlist…

Great job capturing the scenery! Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.