Ankle weights for MTB training?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Does anyone use ankle weights for leg strength development on clipless pedals while on MTB trails?

Nope.

All I do is mount up some inefficient tires on my plusser and inflate em a bit low and off to the trail. The lower tire pressure allows for more rolling resistance and serves well.

While I am under cancer treatment, the high end tires are in use with lower pressure to prevent rowdy riding and keep up the strength. Plus bike therapy is the finest! Evar!!

All I do is mount up some inefficient tires on my plusser and inflate em a bit low and off to the trail. The lower tire pressure allows for more rolling resistance and serves well.

My friend is recovering from an injury and this seems the cheapest way to train using a bike. We’ll finish installing the new suspension from 4Wheelonline onto his ATV and will be sold to get a new bike.

My friend is recovering from an injury and this seems the cheapest way to train using a bike. We’ll finish installing the new suspension from 4Wheelonline onto his ATV and will be sold to get a new bike.

Sounds like a good plan. Should make for good recovery and healing too.

The best results are with interval training along a hilly stretch of trail or highway. The rider can stress the muscles and then let them recover (flushing out) and then stress them again.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.