An Open Letter to Giant

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Dear Giant,

May we please have a Reign 650 and a 650 xTC?

That is all, thank you.

Sincerely,
      Giant Fanboi

You’ve got to write this in Taiwanese 😎

"ollysj" wrote

You’ve got to write this in Taiwanese 😎

??????

????????650?650 XTC?

?????????

????
      ??Fanboi

I, for one, am impressed. Kinda’ like when Mike Myers started spouting Cantonese in "Wayne’s World."

Of course MM was trying to land Tia Carerre. Interesting — who’s trying to land the bigger prize 😉

"maddslacker" wrote

[quote="ollysj":2jkv1c0v]You’ve got to write this in Taiwanese 😎

??????

????????650?650 XTC?

?????????

????
      ??Fanboi[/quote:2jkv1c0v]

LOL!
      +1

I would love to see all the manufactures getting behind the 27.5 inch wheels. Get equal components and equal prices between all three sizes and let the best tire for each situation win…whatever tire size that may be.

Long term review of the Jamis SixFiftyB Pro (one of the best 650b bikes on the market right now) coming to the blog in the near future!

"Jared13" wrote

I would love to see all the manufactures getting behind the 27.5 inch wheels. Get equal components and equal prices between all three sizes and let the best tire for each situation win…whatever tire size that may be.

Over the next two seasons, they all will have them. After that, they figure out a 26.947039275505" will be the size to ride. Or maybe a 28.5739804597"…..

"ollysj" wrote

[quote="Jared13":b5tjiii1]I would love to see all the manufactures getting behind the 27.5 inch wheels. Get equal components and equal prices between all three sizes and let the best tire for each situation win…whatever tire size that may be.

Over the next two seasons, they all will have them. After that, they figure out a 26.947039275505" will be the size to ride. Or maybe a 28.5739804597"…..[/quote:b5tjiii1]

That’s my train of thought (hope) also.

I’ll continue to ride what I have. They can figure out which one is "best" using real data, not just biases and blanket statements. And then once they figure it out and I’m due for a new bike (in 5+ years 😆 ) I’ll test ride them and figure out what works best for me 😃

"mtbgreg1" wrote

Long term review of the Jamis SixFiftyB Pro (one of the best 650b bikes on the market right now) coming to the blog in the near future!

😮 How did you get so lucky? Where’s my Jamis Dragon 650? 😆

"maddslacker" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":11aj1em2]Long term review of the Jamis SixFiftyB Pro (one of the best 650b bikes on the market right now) coming to the blog in the near future!

😮 How did you get so lucky? Where’s my Jamis Dragon 650? 😆[/quote:11aj1em2]
      About 4-5 months of patient work that’s how, lol! Sent you an email.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

patient

I don’t understand this word … 😆

Here’s my thoughts/questions on 650B.

A buddy of mine has a Cannondale Scalpal (sp?), 26". the nice full carbon one. Apparently it’ll fit 650B wheels and tires. There is very little clearance right now, with 26" wheels, in the chainstays. There’s a bridge, and the top of the tire looked to be only about 3/4" to 1" from that bridge….so if a 650B will fit, it just simply can’t be that much bigger than 26". How much difference can it really make?

It’s not actually right in the middle between 26 and 29 as some people say, it’s closer to 26. See:

All three wheel sizes wearing Schwalbe Rocket Ron tires.
      image from twentynineinches.com, here – http://twentynineinches.com/2012/05/27/ … duct-news/

Looking forward to hearing what you think about it Greg.

Yeah posted a forum thread about the actual difference in tire sizes a while back. Definitely excited to spend some time on this bike though!

"mtbgreg1" wrote

How many 650b bikes have you actually rode? Just curious. :?:

"dozzerboy" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":2b972f6z]Long term review of the Jamis SixFiftyB Pro (one of the best 650b bikes on the market right now) coming to the blog in the near future!

How many 650b bikes have you actually rode? Just curious. :?:[/quote:2b972f6z]
      Since it is one of the ONLY 650bs currently on the market there’s not a whole lot of competition.

Santa Cruz just came out with a Blur LTc 650b. Pretty sweet looking.

"dozzerboy" wrote

Oh really? THAT I would like to ride! Do you have a link? I saw a post on MTBR of someone mounting 650b wheels on a LTc, but the post I saw the bike wasn’t designed around the 650b wheels.

"mtbgreg1" wrote

[quote="dozzerboy":3ertjdxl]Santa Cruz just came out with a Blur LTc 650b. Pretty sweet looking.

Oh really? THAT I would like to ride! Do you have a link? I saw a post on MTBR of someone mounting 650b wheels on a LTc, but the post I saw the bike wasn’t designed around the 650b wheels.[/quote:3ertjdxl]
      Can’t list my sources. Perks of the trade. 😉

"dozzerboy" wrote

[quote="mtbgreg1":2rgqeq6n][quote="dozzerboy":2rgqeq6n]Santa Cruz just came out with a Blur LTc 650b. Pretty sweet looking.

Oh really? THAT I would like to ride! Do you have a link? I saw a post on MTBR of someone mounting 650b wheels on a LTc, but the post I saw the bike wasn’t designed around the 650b wheels.[/quote:2rgqeq6n]
      Can’t list my sources. Perks of the trade. 😉[/quote:2rgqeq6n]

Oh gotcha. When you said "came out with" I thought you meant they had released one.

"dozzerboy" wrote

And since SC frames are made by Giant, I sorta get my wish here. 😆

Viewing 19 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.