An Open Apology to My Readers, My Publisher, and My Editor

Forums Mountain Bike Forum An Open Apology to My Readers, My Publisher, and My Editor

--
SHARES

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jared13 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

On previous trips to AZ, I have always wanted to ride La Milagrosa, but something has always prevented me. This year, we made a Christmas visit to my father in law in Tucson, and Miniskibum and I were actually able to pull off this amazing ride.

I suspected the trail may be worth a full ride report, complete with some action shots. I wasn’t sure since reviews were mixed, but set off with camera in backpack and notebook in hand just in case. Along the way, I found out this trail absolutely RIPS!!! 😄

But in the process of having so much fun, the camera never came out of the pack. On the descents, the only stop was to fix a flat. I could blame Miniskibum as he refused to wait for his old man as he flew down the miles of challenging gnar. He’s long had to put up with me using him as an action model for trail articles and he was having so much fun, I couldn’t bring myself to make him wait for me to pass, find a spot for a shot, set up, and give him the go. Truth be told, once I found the flow (which took a couple miles–the trail is tough), I didn’t want to stop myself and I quite relished the challenge of trying to keep Miniskibum on my sights. Bottom line, the day became devoted to purely hedonistic selfishness, and ended up being one of both our favorite rides ever.

I can see how the trail is not everyone’s cup of tea, especially with the amount of hike-a-bike involved, but for us it was pure fat-tire nirvana. If you like long gnarly descents, and don’t mind pushing your bike most of the first mile, I can’t recommend this trail high enough. It is an absolute must for any adventurous and skilled rider visiting Tucson!

Rip happens. 😀 I guess we’ll let it slide this time.

Milagrosa, eh? I guess I need to check that out 😀 I could go for some dry Arizona dirt right about now!!

The publisher and editor have posted, so I guess it’s time for the readers:

In the spirit of the holidays, we’ll let it pass….this time.
    Heaven help you if it happens again! 😆

I’ll definitely add La Milagrosa to the list. I’m hoping to make a spring trip down there to get some riding in with some friends before the busy summer schedule sets in.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.