An app that automatically complains about potholes on your bike commute

Singletracks Mountain Bike News, Reviews, MTB Trails and Community Protected: Forums Mountain Bike Forum An app that automatically complains about potholes on your bike commute

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

This sounds like a pretty terrible idea to me:

Basically the app senses pothole bumps during your road ride and automatically tags the location and sends a message to alert road crews. Imagine what this app would think if you took it mountain biking! Actually, maybe flow trail builders would find this app helpful so they can smooth out all the bumps. 🙂

Or the extreme trail builders could use it to get rid of all the easy spots.

Or the extreme trail builders could use it to get rid of all the easy spots.

Haha, now you’re talking! Nope, not enough hits–add more rocks!

Wow, as if we don’t ALREADY have enough people that are ready to complain at the drop of a hat!

Right. I’m sure the issue with potholes getting fixed isn’t that the road crews don’t know where they are. It’s that they’re already busy filling all the holes they DO know about and can’t keep up with.

I agree with Jeff about road crews knowing where the potholes are.  I would rather it email this, or possibly cc, our local representative or congress person.  Our roads are crap in northern California and we have the highest taxes.  It would be nice if some of that money that is handed out was used on infrastructure that those of us who pay taxes use!

And I bet if that spray paint was used here, you would get a graffiti ticket!

Some people simply lack the internal mechanism that helps them realize that their idea doesn’t need to be shared with anyone else. Ever.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.