Already hot in the South!

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Already hot in the South!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Dang, Summer is still a month away and it’s already hot. Took a short (hour and 10 minute) ride late this afternoon and came back completely drenched. Based on past experience, hyperthermia ain’t any fun.¬†Time to pace ourselves and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

The Stumpjumper was drenched too, lol.

Pedialyte can be your friend. Mix it half an half with water. Bring your regular water also, but have a small little bottle of Pedialyte mixed with water for when you need a quick replenish of electrolytes and other minerals. I was stationed in Louisiana for 4.5 years. When we used to go out for field training I would bring like 10 bottles of that stuff. AMAZING!

Happy riding! ūüėÄ

Thanks for the tip regarding Pedialyte. Need to give it a try.

Niiiiice! You and I need to trade places. Up here (New York) it’s cold, dark, damp and depressing -I’ll take 90, sunny and humid seven days a week. (…geez, I -really- need to move!).

Good tip on the pedialyte – I’m also a fan of Skratch Labs powder, but it can be pricey.

Yeah, I’ll take the heat over the cold ANY day of the week.¬† And the best part of riding here down here in the Republic of Texas… you can ride all year ’round!

I can relate.  Riding in FL can be brutal May-Oct.  I always take the hydration pack and usually drink about 20 oz. of water with a hydration tab an hour before riding.  I have also found it very helpful to begin pre-hydrating 24-48 hours before a longer ride.

Ah yes. Nothing adds to the excitement of a trail ride more than getting drops of sweat in yours eyes as to are coming up to jump or technical challenge.

Viewing 5 reply threads