All mountain/Enduro Riding close to Las Vegas

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all

I am after some advise.

I am visiting Las Vegas next week (3rd – 9th March 2015) from Scotland and I am considering bringing my bike. I hear there is some good stuff not too far?

I am hoping to get at least 2 rides in, ideally 3 (or more! :-). What would people recommend? I have been looking at routes on this site. Bootleg Canyon, Cowboy Trials and Blue diamond look good. Are these easy to navigate solo? Should I should hire a car and go explore or would you recommend a guide?

I have a good level of fitness and techical skill.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
      Dave

Dave,
      If you’re looking for all mountain riding near Vegas, Bootleg is your ticket. There are some pedalable routes to the top after which you can bomb down some techy stuff. If you’re there on a weekend and don’t want to climb, there is a shuttle service for only $5/ride or $25 all day. Navigation shouldn’t be too tough, especially if you hook up with the shuttle service. As I understand it, Cowboy is kind of like Bootleg-lite. As for Blue Diamond, there are a couple gnarly spots, but overall it’s very cross-country oriented. There’s over a hundred miles of cross country singletrack covering quite a web of trails around Blue diamond. It’s easy to get kind of lost but you can’t really get hopelessly lost since the area is all wide open and you can always see major landmarks so you have some feel for where you are.

My recommendation–Definitely hit Bootleg. Then if you want something similar hit Cowboy, if you want miles and scenery, hit Blue Diamond instead. If you can ride a third day and have a car, take the time to make the 2 hour drive to St George and hit Gooseberry Mesa for one of the coolest, most unique rides on the planet.

John, that is really helpful – thank you.

Gooseberry Mesa looks incredible but I might be short on time! May need to do a seperate trip for Utah :-)

Thanks again
      Dave

+1 for Bootleg, one awesome spot for riding. I have only ridden the XC trails that exist and some of them have some awesome technical riding themselves. I have heard Cottonwood Canyon is also a good spot to ride. However haven’t ridden anything else in the area.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.