A Question for the ladies.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I just recently purchased my wife a new bike. It has been about 15 years since she has been on one. One of the things I noticed immediately is that she has NO bike appropriate clothing. I have been hopping around the internet looking for pants that are season appropriate, and all I’m finding is rain gear. I’m looking for something for her that is functional and looks good on a girl as well. We do mostly casual family riding and so she doesn’t need anything skin tight, but we want something that won’t get caught up in the chain. Any suggestions would be awesome.

"doubleagle" wrote

I just recently purchased my wife a new bike. It has been about 15 years since she has been on one. One of the things I noticed immediately is that she has NO bike appropriate clothing. I have been hopping around the internet looking for pants that are season appropriate, and all I’m finding is rain gear. I’m looking for something for her that is functional and looks good on a girl as well. We do mostly casual family riding and so she doesn’t need anything skin tight, but we want something that won’t get caught up in the chain. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Does she have any capri pants? Since the legs are shorter, they shouldn’t get caught up in the chain.
      I’m not sure if the material will be comfortable, but I think that type of length should be what you’re looking for.

Another option would be tights/leggings and shorts. But again, the material could cause problems if they’re not bike/exercise specific.

Thanks for that. I think we are going to go with capris. Just hoping we can find some that are of a synthetic material so they won’t act like a sponge.

If you can’t anything bike-specific that she’s comfortable wearing, maybe check out some rock climbing clothes. They make a lot of different types of capris.

Where is mudhunny? She can tell you what works and looks good. Just saying. 😄 Later,

That’s a great question. I would love to get a woman’s perspective on this. Although, we were able to find her a great looking jersey and some nice shorts. Spring is pretty much here in Southwestern Virginia.

If you want just casual riding cloths for your wife, then Capri’s are the very best in the long run unless she wants bike specific spandex….LOL. My wife and quite a few other woman riders I know ride in Capri’s. They are comfortable, cooler, and are shorter than pants….. 😉

Good luck, happy riding, and glad to see another family riding together….. 😄

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.