A little FAT

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Having ridden a friends S fatty with 4.5 I have some time on a fatty and amazingly fun. I feel a 3.8 is the perfect modern day fatty tire size only because i have 3s on my plus hardtail. We got back to a article recently on tires. This time of year in north east states is ridable with a fatty or plus to be enjoyable. Sloppy snow ,rain, frozen, thawing  conditions make it a mess but thats not to say you cant have fun. Ultimately I would like to add a true fatty that can handle 4.5s but feel a 3.8 is is a good cross between a 2.8 and lets say a 5 as we know real enthusiast run big baloonies

I am in the midwest and see shoulder season in the spring and fall,  snow in the winter and some sandy trails.  I ended up making my fat bike my year round bike.  I would be a little faster on a regular MTB but it is just fun.  Like riding a monster truck.

killer climb, it’s all about the Jeep factor! I have the Mayor with 4.8’s, Sarge III with 3.25’s and 3.8’s to swap for various rides. The plussers wear 3.0’s exclusively. It is all about the fun and the grin.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.