A Couple Newbie Questions

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I want to know if where I can find instructions how to completely take apart a bike and what tools I need. I want to clean everything up repaint some parts and make my beater look/run nice.

Also how do you put up an Aviator picture? Do you have to donate money to the site before you’re aloud to do this?

Last what are some good online websites for parts? Nothing that will break the bank!

-Chris

my fav online biek shop is [url:21zq8fop]http://jensonusa.com[/url:21zq8fop]

check that out for all of your bike part needs.

There’s a large number of bike repair books out there that will take you through the process, part by part. You can probably also find everything at Parktool.com if you prefer an online version.

For an avatar picture, got to "my account" in the top right of the page, go to the "my profile" tab on the left, halfway down the page will be the "user photo" section where you can upload a pic.

For parts, some of the common sites that carry ALMOST everything you could ever need are…

jensonusa.com
      cambriabike.com
      chainreactioncycles.com

I totallly agree with the Park Tool website,I get to watching videos and reading stuff and just cant stop somtimes,they really have a nice layout of how bikes work.I also use the Park Tool big blue book of bicycle repair,it is just soo easy to comprehend and see what there talking about.Then again,if I didnt spend all my time on my BMX bike as a kid,I could probably read somthing a little harder to read,hahahahah……….. 😮

Other bike parts websites include:

airbomb
      +
      green fish adventure sports

A lbs near me has a monthly work shop on bikes. Hands on, they provide the tools and they are the pros that do this for a living. A LBS near you may do the same.

the best website 4 me is http://www.pricepoint.com/Default.htm

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.