Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Howdy All…

New to the forums here, but I have been an AVID Mtn Biker since… well, as long as I can remember. I just wanted to report on the trail conditions at Balm Boyette Scrub… my riding buddy and I went there yesterday evening, and the trail conditions were fantastic.

This was my first time there, so I took the time to read up on the trails, and study the map. I used my Garmin the entire ride, so I have a "map" of my own now.

The rain lately, has packed the soil, making it very fast and smooth. I applaud SWAMP for their work on this series of trails, they have made the most out of what they have to work with.

We got a bit disoriented at times, trying to find a "flow" to the park… but for the most part, the pink maps at the trail head helped us find the trails.

I really enjoyed SPIDERBERM… very fast and flows well. Both sides of the Abyss were fun as well. Pandamonium is just that… some pretty fun little drops, but you can get turned around in there if you aren’t familiar with it. All in all, it was a very enjoyable ride. I logged almost 18 miles on my Garmin, and had a wonderful time.

When we first arived, there was a gentleman working on a tractor just on the other side of the gate. I asked him if he could point me in the direction of the main trials, since I had never been there before. He walked over and spent a few mintues chatting with us, and was very friendly, and very helpful.

This is a good aerobic park… you can really work on your speed here. Some of the singletrack is very twisty, tight and technical… nothing too scary, and is great for the beginner / intermediate and even advanced mountain biker.

As of yesterday, the trails looked great. Hard packed, and not washed out.

I will definitely be back!

Cheers!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.