HELP!!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

i feel idiotic, especially since i really don’t know how it happened. heres the story

i buy these new odi Rogue lock-ons which are sweet, and got them in the mail today, so i hurriedly installed them and got my left one on, then when i went to put my right one on the allen wrench wouldnt catch! and i spun it and rounded the hole…

i’m thinking i can go to home depot and they can match the bolts, but do you think i can go to a bike show and they would better be able to help? this make me so sad….i was so stoked to get out and ride with my new gear…and now i cant

so does anyone think i can rig up something with the rounded bolts?

your LBS might have a spare bolt or the hardware store might have one, but if not, i do know a way to somewhat fix it, but it only has a 70% chance of working, you can get some JB Weld, the 2 part liquid epoxy kind that cures fast, then take your hex wrench and coat it with some liquid dish soap, after that take the JB Weld, mix it, and then put it into the stripped hex head, after that take your hex wrench and put it in the hex bolt and clean up any excess, wait whatever time it says it takes for the JB Weld to cure, after it cures you should have a fixed hexed bolt, but like i said this sometimes doesnt work, good luck and i hope you can get it fixed.

*EDIT- this trick also works for stripped threads, but only in low torque applications

that’s an awesome idea! wished i’d thought of that. gonna go try it right now.

th JB weld only kinda worked…not enough to have the grip not slip… and the bike shop didnt have any that fit…neither did home depot

chili if you would send me those i would be extremely grateful 😄 😄

sent you a PM

"FBTrek321" wrote

th JB weld only kinda worked…not enough to have the grip not slip… and the bike shop didnt have any that fit…neither did home depot

chili if you would send me those i would be extremely grateful 😄 😄

sent you a PM

that sucks it didnt work, i was hoping it would work so you could be out riding again, but hopefully CP can send those to you.

i got them a lot tighter but its such a small hole i dont think i could get enough into it to actually hold the torque it needed to, hold but thanks, that’s something i will def remember!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.