Freeride?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I want to get a full suspension setup for a pretty cheap price. Any suggestions? Should I buy a frame and swap parts or just buy a whole new setup?

Nothing major cause I am 15 years old and I have to buy everything I want unless it naturally breaks….. I have a hardtail and it shakes me to death on Georgia’s roots…. I think a solution to that would be a full frame suspension bike. If anybody has some stuff they don’t use anymore, I would be glad to take it off of your hands for you! 😃 I am 5′- 3" so I ride about a 17 inch frame and I weight 95lbs.

I appreciate everybody on singletracks and all the help you guys have given me.

For a budget full suspension build,what type of components are on your hardtail? Would they be worth swapping to a different frame or are they about trashed?

Swapping components is a big deal if you don’t have tools like crank pullers and other stuff that’s not made to get to with a screwdriver.

Keep an eye on craigslist for a used full suspension and save the headache of swapping parts.

I found a used Wal Mart Mongoose FS for $80 and I’ve beat the hell out of it and it does great on 3 foot drops.I’ll step up to a better bike sometime but it works for now.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.