September 9, 2021 at 21:41 #601183
Took out the large and small chain rings on my bike, leaving me with a 32T chainring and 9 gears. Ready to get a new cassette. Currently have a Shimano CS HG300-9, 12-36 Tooth. As a novice tinkerer who is learning as I go, I have watched some videos and read articles, but still have a few questions:
- What do I need to look for in a cassette? Will any 9 speed system work (assuming hardware is the right type), regardless of type, size etc?
- Any issues with shifting through the range of gears if too great a span?
- When installing, is there anything else I need to do besides put the new cassette in?
- Interested in something like 10(ish)-50(ish), thoughts?
- Best bang for the buck? Are the cheapies I see for $35 no go for sure? I assume you get what you pay for.
- Anything else?
Really appreciate the insight and help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.