Hey everyone!

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve not been into riding in a few years and I plan to get back into it in the next few weeks.I used to ride a 2001 K2 Disco Monkey and loved the plush ass suspension it had…unfortunately I sold it a few years ago and need a cheaper bike but I’ll get something nicer one day.

There is no feeling like blasting down the trail and I miss it very much and can’t wait to get back on the track!

Look forward to talking with you guys about bikes and trails!

Welcome GALAXY,it’s always awsome to get new members.Keep on posting up,we all just love to hash it out here on the forums….. 😃

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Chilipepper,I read your reviews on some of the trails around here and figured you must be close.I love Santos and the Powerlines used to be my spot and now Reddick is gone too? Damn!! San Felasco was getting nice and it seems they have about 5 more trails listed than when I went out there so that’ll definitely be my first stop when I pick up some wheels and get in several rough miles shape,haha.I’ve picked up some additional weight while not riding but if I get back to where I used to be riding wise,it’ll be gone pretty quick.

I’ll be sure to review the trails as I go since it’s been so long…what I remember may not be accurate from 3 years ago,From the Youtube videos,there’s a bit more in the way of drops and jumps at Santos so I’d love to check that out.They had one nice little jump close to the teeter-totters that I got pretty decent with no footers on right before I stopped and now there appears to be a bit more.

I’ll keep an eye out on craigslist,there was a nice Azonic with full XT components that was $500 that seemed pretty nice but even that for right now is a little out of my price range.I’d like to be able to get my girlfriend a bike and have her come with me as well from time to time so that’s putting a dent in the budget for a bike.I’d sacrifice a bit in bike quality to have her come out and have fun but as I said,haha…one day!

My riding dream would be Whistler and all the North Shore freeride stuff and I’ll happily pedal around something ready for all that here in Florida!

I just got done looking at all the Santos photos and holy hell you’re right about that place changing,I’ll definitely let you know when I can make it for a ride bro,that sounds awesome.

I wish I could worry about riding as soon as this weekend when the hurricane will be close but possibly the beginning or middle of September I’ll have some wheels and will be able to make it…I’m excited as hell after seeing all the new stuff there!!

I may end up rolling on a Mongoose until I can pick up something better,I saw a few in the photos and used to rock one back in the day so I wouldn’t feel too damn bad as long as it worked.I ended up putting XTR rim brakes on it with XT levers and triggers and swapping the fork/stem/headset/bars to decent components…that was my Powerlines bike until I got the Disco Monkey.

Back on the trails soon!!!!

I’ve already started the hurricane party,haha.

I’ll go check that PM man.

Local Gainesvillian Checking in.

Welcome to the forum Galaxy. Look foward to hearing about that new bike when you get it. If you follow ChiliPepper around be careful – could be hazardous to your health hehehe. 😆 Some of us like sticking closer to the ground – however vertical it may be.

Hey runandbike,good to see a fellow Gainesvillian on here and maybe we can met up and ride one day.I’ll keep everyone posted about the bike situation too,It may be a heap to start with but it’ll be nice in a couple years.

CraigCreekRider,I’ll be careful,haha…I don’t have health insurance at the moment so I’ll take it light.I also have no choice but to take it light since I’m so out of shape.

Hell yeah! Feel free to join the Hurricane Party! I hope we get some rain from it but there are so many trees around my house right now I’m almost scared to be here if it comes straight through and is any worse that a cat. 2.

When some friends and I were about 17 (seems like forever ago) it rained for about 3 days so we decided to go for a bikeride at the Bowl at the 8th Ave. trails here and it was completely full of water…brown,swampy,floodwater with lots of sticks floating in it.We hit about the only unflooded trail there with a jump and jumped into the 8′ water.We tried to ride the trail around the bowl and it was handlebar deep at times (on a 20") but it was still possible and alot of fun.The thing that put an end to it was my front rim brake coming off the fork and hanging onto the tire,it ripped a few spokes out,popped the tube and stopped abruptly tossing me into the water.

I wouldn’t do that with a good bike but we all had crap at the time we never rode and I tried to clean the bike and dry it as much as I could when I got home.

"GALAXY" wrote

Hell yeah! Feel free to join the Hurricane Party!

When some friends and I were about 17 (seems like forever ago) it rained for about 3 days so we decided to go for a bikeride at the Bowl at the 8th Ave. trails here and it was completely full of water…brown,swampy,floodwater with lots of sticks floating in it.We hit about the only unflooded trail there with a jump and jumped into the 8′ water.We tried to ride the trail around the bowl and it was handlebar deep at times (on a 20") but it was still possible and alot of fun.The thing that put an end to it was my front rim brake coming off the fork and hanging onto the tire,it ripped a few spokes out,popped the tube and stopped abruptly tossing me into the water.

I wouldn’t do that with a good bike but we all had crap at the time we never rode and I tried to clean the bike and dry it as much as I could when I got home.

First a Hurricane Party – then a Hurricane Bike Ride. You Florida folks live on the edge 😆

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Oh hell yeah, I want to ride the A-Line, B-Line, and a few other DH runs there at Whistler. That place is the supreme of riding for us FR demons and DH screamers!!!

Don’t worry guys, I’ll throw down some lines for ya later today, here in Whistler’s park.

Welcome back to riding!

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Just rub it in bro! 😆 😆 😆

Have you ever rode the CBC, Dirt Merchant or the Upper Oil Can up your way? Those besides the A-Line are my future destinations , but thats if I do not kill myself before hand. 😆 😆

Is water wet ?

Dirt Merchant is one of my fav’s , I would say # 2. Not the longest trail, but it gets hit every day that we’re out riding.

Well the big down side is that it’s a very short season. Late may – late september.

Oh hell Garbanzo…Throw it down man!!! You are really lucky no matter how short that season is.I’m not up on all the trails there but talkin about it’ll help get me back on track.Has the Upper Oil Can been around for 7 years or so? That seems like one I’ve heard of.

"ChiliPepper" wrote

Thats what winter sports are for bro. I can live with 4 months of pure MTB bliss!

Ya, it’s doable 😆 😆

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.