New here

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys my names Tyler, I live in north central Iowa. I ride my step dads old Gary Fisher Aquila and my back up is an old Trek Singletrack. I’m looking at the Cannondale Rush 7 or something similar. I started to ride a little last summer but I’m going to move on to some harder trails this summer. I acually found some trails about 1/2 mile away from my apartment that seem like good begainer to moderate trails, anything from creek crossings to to small drops, and I found one 54"-60" drop, a couple narrow bridges with about a 3-4 foot drop to either side and I didn’t go back on them very far.

Welcome aboard 😃 . The more the merrier.

Hey man, welcome to the site. The more people the better so spread the word. I’m sure you will find everyone here to be good people. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to post…

Cool, welcome to the site man, there’s much to enjoy around here, so give it a good look, and don’t be afraid to ask questions and voice your opinions. 😎

Welcome IATyler,how’s it goin?Do you ride around Red Rock lake?I will be in the area all next week on a race car trip to Knoxville and staying in Pella,I’ll be riding monday,tues,wednsdsay,and with the race car the rest of the time.I posted in the midwest section but havent gotten any replys as to trail information for the area and was hopin you might know the trails in that area.Thanks a million if you do.

"steve32300" wrote

Welcome IATyler,how’s it goin?Do you ride around Red Rock lake?I will be in the area all next week on a race car trip to Knoxville and staying in Pella,I’ll be riding monday,tues,wednsdsay,and with the race car the rest of the time.I posted in the midwest section but havent gotten any replys as to trail information for the area and was hopin you might know the trails in that area.Thanks a million if you do.

Never riden there, thats about 2 hours away from me and I need to get some skills before I make a trip to ride some where. Do you race? what class? More of a drag race guy myself but I like to wathc about any kind of racing. I did some looking and [url:2w74e764]http://www.redrockarea.com/aspx/ThingsToDo.aspx?id=77&Area=Rec[/url:2w74e764] that is the contact info for a local bike shop, they would be my best guess for trail info(maybe even a map).

"IATyler" wrote

Hey guys my names Tyler, I live in north central Iowa. I ride my step dads old Gary Fisher Aquila and my back up is an old Trek Singletrack. I’m looking at the Cannondale Rush 7 or something similar. I started to ride a little last summer but I’m going to move on to some harder trails this summer. I acually found some trails about 1/2 mile away from my apartment that seem like good begainer to moderate trails, anything from creek crossings to to small drops, and I found one 54"-60" drop, a couple narrow bridges with about a 3-4 foot drop to either side and I didn’t go back on them very far.

Welcome IATyler. I hope you enjoy riding as much as I do!

Been out to Cedar Falls / Waterloo Iowa 3 times this year. Lots of greenways around there but I never saw any singletrack. Sure there is some around though. Out there once in February with a week of 20-25 below weather. wow that hurt. Sounds like you have good trails close to home – thats a major plus, not having to drive to ride. 😛

they’re pretty sweet i am riding the easier trails to get some confidence up and start devoloping some skills for bigger stuff but i cant wait

Hey Tyler, welcome onboard.
      I ride an 07 rush6 and for the most part, love it. Some of the components bolted on aren’t all that great, but browsing the current model years, it looks like they might have improved the base models. The frame construction is excellent, but I do wish in retrospect that I had shelled the extra coin for a higher model for the improved components. Shock/forks are fine, but front derailleur and cranks have been problem points.

I would caution you to consider that the ‘Rush’ line is considered a marathon bike – it’s been lightened for long term endurance races. I don’t know how well it’ll hold up to the 3-5′ drops you describe in your initial post. It’s not flimsy by any means, but it wasn’t designed for major jumps and drops.

What up Tyler?? My name’s Joseph and i’m new too!! Just joined this evening!! I recently purchased a Cannondale F7 and can’t believe how easy it makes my riding so far!!! Granted, i’ve only been on a few rail trails, but there are a lot of Cannondale dealers here in northern WV, and i’ve always heard nothing but the finest things from the Cannondale name!!! One of the biggest reasons I bought mine was because of the Cannondale brandname!! Nice to meet you dude!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.