New to Singletracks

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello all,

I am new to Singletracks, and quite frankly, not riding MTB (yet). I have been riding road bikes for about a year, and think that it would be fun to trail ride. I have been reading a ton of info, and am looking to get a bike soon. I’m not looking to get out of road riding, but I am looking to mix it up a little bit.

Any info, tips, etc. that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum and my only suggestion to you is to get out there and start riding! Every time I ride, I think to myself how I wish I had started earlier.

Welcome! I road and mountain bike. The road biking really helps my endurance and leg strength, so it’s a good combo. And it’s also a good way to get a ride in when you can’t make it to the trail!

There’s lots of resources on the site, just start poking around. If you come up with any specific questions, be sure to post them. I’m sure one of the hooligans around here will know the answer!

You can rent mountain bikes so you can get a feel for the sport without a major investment plus you can figure out what bike you want. You also want to keep in mind that you want a bike that you can ride now and that you can still ride when you go to more advanced trails.

"daculaman" wrote

Hello all,

I am new to Singletracks, and quite frankly, not riding MTB (yet). I have been riding road bikes for about a year, and think that it would be fun to trail ride. I have been reading a ton of info, and am looking to get a bike soon. I’m not looking to get out of road riding, but I am looking to mix it up a little bit.

Any info, tips, etc. that you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all. I went out Wednesday evening with a small group and had a blast. I can’t remember the last time I sweated that much. What a great workout, and an enjoyable time in the woods. This is gonna be fun.

"daculaman" wrote

Thanks all. I went out Wednesday evening with a small group and had a blast. I can’t remember the last time I sweated that much. What a great workout, and an enjoyable time in the woods. This is gonna be fun.

Careful — that sounds exactly like my first MTB experience — which quickly grew into a full blown addiction!

"John Fisch" wrote

Careful — that sounds exactly like my first MTB experience — which quickly grew into a full blown addiction!

Yeah… Start saving your pennies now!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.