New to MTB

Forums Mountain Bike Forum New to MTB

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am very new to mountain biking. Mostly have just done roads or groomed paths. Currently have GT Transeo hybrid but would like to progress to a mountain bike soon. Any tips on how to start out? What is a double track vs single track? thanks!

The best tip for starting out is to just head out, maybe with a group of friends or a club, to a trail. Start on an easy trail and just ride. Don’t be afraid to walk something you don’t feel comfortable with either. I walk stuff all the time and it doesn’t embarrass me if I’m not the best on the trails.

Doubletrack is a trail that is a firebreak road sized or wide enough to get 4-wheeled vehicles down the path. While, singletrack is approximately the width of the bike.

I hope this information helps and mountain biking is a lot of fun. I hope you make the transition and don’t hesitate to ask questions.

Hi Andrew. Welcome to mountain biking! I hope you enjoy. Take a look the Mountain Biking for Beginners section of Singletracks. It has many good articles that will help you get started. Plus feel free to ask questions!

Welcome and Hello!
      This is a great sport! You will not regret taking the plunge! I have learned a lot since starting out. You will build your confidence and your stamina. I went and got a nice mtb and just went to the closest trails I knew of and went for it! When I had trouble with something I just asked here. Got tons of good info here.

Enjoy and good luck
      Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.