2018 Canyon Spectral Chainstay Crack

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve bought a 2018 Canyon Spectral AL 6.0 back in late April, and now a see a hairline crack on the chain stay hopefully it’s just the paint, I’ve read in most Canyon Spectral forums that this is not an isolated case, that a lot of people had the same problem and Canyon sent out an email acknowledging the flaw. What do I need to do? I’ve contacted Canyon and just got a GENERIC response that they’re doing their best to send out the replacement chain stay.

Not sure there is much you can do other than wait if they’re working on sending out replacements. I’m guessing since you purchased the bike directly from Canyon, they know exactly which part you need, which customers are affected, etc.  That’s actually kinda nice. I’m not sure if I bought a bike from a local shop they would know how to even contact me in the event of a recall… I guess that’s why you should always register your warranty with the brand.

If you’re wondering if you should ride the bike in the meantime, that’s up to you to decide. Assess the risk of a failure that could cause injury, then decide if it’s worth it.

There is a recall. I notified them the day the email was sent out. Thanks to Canyon for it bc I probably would not have noticed it. I have been in contact with them a few times but their response time sucks through email. Give them a call and they will walk you through the process. You will have to submit them a picture of the crack. The part replacement is covered as long as a bike shop does the work.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.