2016 diamond back recoil 27.5 or 2012 scott spark 60

Forums Mountain Bike Forum 2016 diamond back recoil 27.5 or 2012 scott spark 60

--
SHARES

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Garu08 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Hello! New guy here. Need help in choosing which bike to buy. 2016 diamondback recoil 27.5 ($475) or scott spark 60 ($700) in excellent condition. Thanks!

Unless the Diamondback is new, never ridden, it seems a tad overpriced. You can get a brand new one for $599.

What year is the Scott? I’m guessing it’s a few years old and it has 26″ wheels, which is a pretty big negative for me.

I guess I would go with the Diamondback in this situation.

Thank you for your response. It’s a 2012 scott spark 60 in excellent condition. Diamondback recoil is 2016 with around 15 miles on it. So which one is the food deal?

And also the scott is 26″

The price sounds about right for the Spark, which is right at 5 (or possibly 6) years old now. It was certainly a much nicer bike than the Diamondback is today. The Diamondback is overpriced given that new bikes depreciate 45% in the first year.

New Mountain Bikes Lose About 45% of Their Value After Year One

Assuming you just want to ride the bike and don’t plan on trying to upgrade anything, I guess now I’m leaning toward the Scott. That is, if it’s been well maintained and won’t need any new parts.

Yes I was told that the scott is in excellent condition like the db recoil. But just found out that the db is a medium frame and scott is small frame. Im 5’8″ and all my bikes are medium size but never seemed comfortable with medium frame they feel like they are a bit bigger. I had my 29er mtb and road bike fitted to me by my lbs and still not comfortable riding them

Hey, first post here as well.  Just so happens that I ran across this.  I bought a new 2015 DB Recoil two years ago for a heck of a deal at $475 with intentions of upgrading everything with higher end slightly used or new overstock parts.  People said I was crazy, but it is now one of the best riding bikes I have owned and it takes a heck of a beating.  The good thing is it was a small investment, and I continued to ride as I upgraded it.  It is a good platform.  It doesn’t have the best shocks from the factory, but those are easy changes.  I would go recoil, however, the one you are looking at is a tad overpriced.  See if you can get it for around $400.

Thanks to all for your input. So I went for the spark, overall its in great condition. 1×10 set up. Race face crank, slx shifter/brake, xt rear derailleur and it has this seatpost that you can adjust via remote (dont know the name or brand) i took it for a ride and feel ots the right size for me. And i think it has better component compare to the db. Its a bit dirty though and it need some tlc

Great choice!

Thanks! In case I want to upgrade the components, I have a sram xo groupset that I bought couple of years ago (2×10) are they good replacement?