2015 Trek Slash 7

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hey guys, so I am gingerly looking for a new trail bike and price to component wise I have come up with (what my wallet will handle actually) Giant Trance 2. All reviews and the specs are off the charts for this price range ($2,899 CDN).

But, I found in a corner of my LBS’ an untouched 2015 Trek Slash 7 on sale for $2,999. So my question is, anyone have a Slash that can give me an opinion?

obviously the Slash does not have boost, or 1x, and I don think it has a dropper either.

I’m looking for some advice/words of wisdom from you guys, as anyone on here has more riding experience than me.

Thanks.

The Slash can be made 1X pretty easily, though probably not without the additional (but minor) cost of a new chainring.

The bigger difference IMO seems to be the lack of a dropper post on the Trek, and the lack of Boost spacing on the rear end. A dropper post is a pretty important thing to have on a bike like this, and adding one isn’t cheap. Plus by buying a bike with Boost now, there’s a better chance you’ll be able to hang onto this bike longer since it will be easier to upgrade wheels a few years down the road if you want to.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.