1999 Specialized Rockhopper Comp

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hey everyone,

I bought a 1999 Specialized Rockhopper Comp back in 1999 and barely rode it and it is in good shape.

It has XT/LX components and everything works great after I adjusted the derailleurs and such.

I am getting into bike riding again and my question is whether or not this bike is still decent and good enough to maybe fix up and ride around or is the technology so much better these days that I should just get rid of it and upgrade to something new?

Thanks!

If it works, ride it til it doesn’t! 😀

You could always do what I did with my older hard tail. Get yourself a new one, then use the Specialized as a loaner for anyone you con into riding with you!

"gar29" wrote

You could always do what I did with my older hard tail. Get yourself a new one, then use the Specialized as a loaner for anyone you con into riding with you!

I have two extra bikes and a couple of very colorful helmets just for such an occasion!

"Schell21" wrote

[quote="gar29":xdthy3kf]You could always do what I did with my older hard tail. Get yourself a new one, then use the Specialized as a loaner for anyone you con into riding with you!

I have two extra bikes and a couple of very colorful helmets just for such an occasion![/quote:xdthy3kf]

The more colorful the better!

I have a 1985 Stumpjumper That I still ride every now and then. It works great even though back then shocks, disc brakes, 29 inch wheels, etc.. hadn’t even been invented yet! I’ve found that the frame geometry is still so good that I can climb like a demon, even compared to my newer full suspension bike. I agree that keeping it around for your friends to use, or as a replacement when your other bike is in the shop is a great idea. If you have some $$$ burning a hole in your pocket, I’d spend it on a newer bike rather than upgrading the old one, but if not, just have fun riding it until it’s worn out! 😃

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.