New breaks

Tagged: ,

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

As said in one of my other posts I am a born again biker, because of this I didn’t go all out on a bike but got one that wasn’t way cheep either. I ended up getting a Trek Marlin, I have already upgraded the grips (double locking ODI grips, the old ones where slipping) but now I am thinking I need new breaks also this is the first bike I have had with disc breaks so I am not sure what is or isnt normal.

1.)They are so LOUD 😈 , the place I got the bike said “well that’s what they do” and “it might go away, after a while”. I have had the bike for a little over a month and have put close to 100 miles on it in that time and if anything they are getting louder…
      2.)I don’t feel like the stopping power is there, the front break grabs nicely but who wants all the stopping power in the front!?!?

I love the bike but do I live with the breaks? What kind of new breaks should I get? How much is a good set of breaks going to run me? Is there ANYTHING I can do to fix the breaks I have on now?

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.