new bike

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

Just put a brand new 2012 Raleigh talus 5.0 on layaway at a local bike shop here in Macon. I’m super excited about it!! I will post pictures as soon as I get it!!

Congrats! Is it the model with the gray frame and green color rims? If so, that color combo looks sweet…

Def. make sure to post pics.

I definately will be taking tons of pics. I’m a custom truck builder so my camera is always with me. And this one has a black frame with red accents.

Making the last payment on my bike Monday afternoon and hope to be on the trails shortly after or Tuesday morning. Will post pics as soon as i get my baby!

Congratulations man and am very happy by reading that you will be making the last payment for your bike!
      Also so excited for the pics 😀

Yes, pics, pics, and more pics…. 😆 😆 😆

Congrats man! Now ya can shred the trails and pavement and have some fun!

Congrats. I just got a new bike too, so I know how excited you are.

Me too, and it’s hanging in my garage waiting for this stupid snow to melt. 😢

"maddslacker" wrote

Me too, and it’s hanging in my garage waiting for this stupid snow to melt. 😢

We haven’t had that problem out here, but some rain and other obligations have limited me to only one ride so far. It’s killing me.

(the one ride I did get in was great though!)

Well today didn’t pan out like I wanted it to. The funds I was waiting for never came in today and I am hoping to get them tomorrow. This is killing me not having this bike. Hopefully pics will be posted tomorrow.

Just got the new bike!!! Ill have pics up as soon as I can get them uploaded.

Congrats! Now hit the trails and have fun!

so here it is! my new baby fresh from the shop. rode it around the block for a few minutes to break it in slightly and i have to say i love being on a bike again. hope you enjoy all my pics!

and heres a couple pics of what i am also into doing. i love to build custom trucks as well. these are 2 of my old trucks and i have a new one that is stock that i hope to start building in the next year or 2 after im done with nursing school.

first truck i built

second truck i built

Abfab pics! Let us know what you think after your first ride!

I’m not normally one to comment on colors, but that red and black set up sure looks sweet.

Now take off those d_mn reflectors, the pie plate behind the cassette, and get it dirty!!!

Oh tthe reflectors are long gone. Going for the first ride tomorrow.

Bike looks great dude! Be sure and tell us what you think after you get a few miles on it.

Bagged trucks aren’t really my thing, but that said, you did those two both very well, and I can appreciate that! That’s a lot more expensive hobby than mtn biking lol.

EDIT: oh, and good luck with nursing school, it’s HARD. So is the job. Way hard, and a lot of people don’t get that or appreciate it. My wife is a nurse…hearing some of her stories, man, I don’t know how y’all do it! It takes a special person to be a nurse, I could never do it. God bless the nurses! We need more y’all for sure.

"mwillis87" wrote

so here it is! my new baby fresh from the shop. rode it around the block for a few minutes to break it in slightly and i have to say i love being on a bike again. hope you enjoy all my pics!

Damn, that is one sick ride bro!!! 😄

I love that red/black color scheme, just like my little DJ/street bike. Kudos bro and have a blast riding it…. 😄

Tell us what you think of the AKA’s.

I love mine and it’s nice to see them OEM’ed by a manufacturer.

I did some riding around the block when I got it home and rolled through the yard a bit and they felt great. Going out to try them out on the trails later today.

I can see that yours are mounted in the ‘speed’ direction. It depends on the terrain you usually ride on, but I flipped my rear tire to the traction direction, and I left the front set for speed.

Well I went out for the first time today and it was amazing. It killed me the entire way and I had to get off the bike a few times and push uphill but overall I had a great time. Downhill with speed is a lot of fun and probably my favorite part. The technical stuff going downhill is pretty cool too. And the best part…… didn’t fall once. 😀. I think I’m going out tomorrow after class.

Viewing 21 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.