Greetings

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Greetings

--
SHARES

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  cubanchurchill 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Hello fellow MBers-Found this site during a major bout with cabin fever and thought I’d say a few things about myself. Bought my first mountain bike around 20 years ago but still consider myself a beginner because I never really got crazy with it. Now at 53,with degenerated discs and arthritis in my back,I’m getting more into it and trying to improve my skills (must be a mid life crisis thing). My chiropractor thinks I’m nuts. I bought a 3900 Trek Disc a couple years ago and really like it except for the forks. My favorite place to ride is Middle Run/White Clay Creek State Park in Delaware,although I don’t get out there nearly as much as I’d like. As far as goals,I have two. First,to get a little better each time out and second,to not have a heart attack trying(too many pizzas,hot wings and Sam Adams Black Lagers). Hey,you only live once right? Anyway,I’m looking forward to learning a lot from singletracks and its’ members. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and maybe I’ll see you on the trail. CHEERS

"tobar" wrote

Hello fellow MBers-Found this site during a major bout with cabin fever and thought I’d say a few things about myself. Bought my first mountain bike around 20 years ago but still consider myself a beginner because I never really got crazy with it. Now at 53,with degenerated discs and arthritis in my back,I’m getting more into it and trying to improve my skills (must be a mid life crisis thing). My chiropractor thinks I’m nuts. I bought a 3900 Trek Disc a couple years ago and really like it except for the forks. My favorite place to ride is Middle Run/White Clay Creek State Park in Delaware,although I don’t get out there nearly as much as I’d like. As far as goals,I have two. First,to get a little better each time out and second,to not have a heart attack trying(too many pizzas,hot wings and Sam Adams Black Lagers). Hey,you only live once right? Anyway,I’m looking forward to learning a lot from singletracks and its’ members. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and maybe I’ll see you on the trail. CHEERS

Welcome aboard Tobar. I didn’t start riding until I was 46 and can’t get enough of it. We are about the same age. Go for it, don’t push too hard but do a little more each time and you will be ripping it in no time. Starting later in life seems to have set my speed back, seems like I am always the last in the pack but I don’t care cause I have every bit as much fun as the rest. I hope you have a blast.

Ya welcome aboard tobar. I’ll be 40 this year and my wife thinks I’m already going thru my mid lifer!! Decided to start MTBing about 5 months ago, just started snowboarding again after 15 years off the board, I can see where shes coming from. Only been around ST for a couple months now, but I’ve learned a few years worth of knowledge, and the best part, it’s free……

Again welcome aboard!!

You guys are singing my song. I just got back into Mountain biking last spring after a 10 year break. I will be 41 this March and I feel better than ever. I actually got back into soccer at a very high level and riding allows me to keep my lungs going without the wear and tear of running. After 3 sports related surgeries, I have found a sport that I can do day in and day out, without the soreness. My wife also thinks I am obsessed with it. I guess it could be worse things out there to consume your time and money! It was a shock when I realized how much the technology has advanced and gone up price. This website certainly helps with that learning curve. I am very fortunate to live 3 miles from one of the best tracks in Georgia ( Blankets Creek), so I am somewhat spoiled. If you ever make it your way south, look me up.

Keep riding.

Yep, yep, welcome tobar! Glad to have ya here with us fellow MTB junkies, well, per say anyways…. 😆

I am turning 44 in March with health issues of my own hampering me this past year, so I feel ya bro and wish ya the very best. I am still lovin my steeds and the freedom that comes with it… 😆

On-On!

Welcome aboard man!

And in regards to middle aged people on MTBs, my mentor, the man who got me into the sport, is in his mid to upper 50’s now and is one of the fastest guys I know.

You’re never too old!

Personally I think that its not until mid life that we have time and money together to do the things we enjoy. Sometimes getting back to them after many years. Not to mention that we get more of an appreciation for It. Enjoy your new hobby. Make sure and try the magic hat "black as night lager" after your next ride!

Here, here for mid-lifers! I am just 50 years old and mountain biking about 14 years. It is only since my kids have gotten older that I have the time or money to ride. I am riding faster and stronger than ever! Having the time and the money sure ain’t hurting. I have been progressively averaging more miles every year I get older. I say watch out, the elderly is who you have to fear!!

Welcome to the forum and back into biking