100 miles on Trek 4300

Forums Mountain Bike Forum 100 miles on Trek 4300

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I was wondering is it a bad idea to do a 100 marathon on a Treck 4300 hard tail. I want to do some marathons and races when the weather gets better. I have done 40 miles on it, so why not 100? Will I look like a idiot around others? Thank for the help peace.

If you aren’t worried about your bike falling apart then I say go for it. Who cares if you’re not riding the most expensive bike out there as long as you are having fun and pedaling fast. As long as the course isn’t too rough I would think you’d be fine, honestly. Most of the parts on the 4300’s are considered a bit lower end but you should be fine if you don’t have a lot of wear and tear on them from previous rides. You’ll probably want to give the bike a FULL tune up before the ride to make sure she’s in tip top shape. When I say FULL tune up I mean a full take apart, cleaning and lubing of ALL parts: hubs, bottom bracket, deraileurs, headset, wheel truing, etc. Have fun with the ride!

yeah i dont think it will be too rough, i think more like on paved roads and city stuff.

Then go for it!

I’d suggest wearing cut-off jeans and bif white socks to finish the ensemble. Nothing ticks off tech weenies like being passed by a lesser bike ridden by somebody who "looks" like a newb. 😆

"Beaker" wrote

Then go for it!

I’d suggest wearing cut-off jeans and bif white socks to finish the ensemble. Nothing ticks off tech weenies like being passed by a lesser bike ridden by somebody who "looks" like a newb. 😆

don’t forget the tattered and sleeveless Lynyrd Skynyrd T-shirt!

Viewing 4 reply threads