Re: Locking out suspension for bigger jumps/drops

Thanks for the input. I should clarify that I don’t have those jumps/drops on a regular basis, I live in Wisconsin, which is the reason I couldn’t justify buying an all mountain or DH bike. However, I definitely enjoy launching off anything I can find. I will take everyone’s suggestion on not locking out the suspension, I will have to tone it down a bit or start saving for a different bike. However, when i bought the Trek, I got the Fuel 8 because of the DRCV in the rear shock, which is supposed to behave well for smaller bumps as well as the big hit. Even when I am jumping up a curb, I can track that almost the entire range of the shock is used. I guess I was expecting a little more, although, having never owned a full suspension bike before, I didn’t know what to expect.
Regarding the comment about 210 psi being pretty high, I saw on Trek’s suspension setup guide that the pressure correlates pretty closely with weight, I weigh 195 lbs, so the recommended pressure would be between 200 and 210.
Looking back, I maybe should have purchased the remedy. However, seeing that WI is not know for its mountainous bike trails, I think the Fuel should be adequate.