Re: New member to the 2 bike club

Score!! I had something similar happen last year. I was working in my garage and a neighbor from down the street walked up and asked if I was interested buying another bike. I wasn’t, but curious enough to take a look. It was a Novara FS, about 1300 retail and he rode it twice on the sidewalk around our neighborhood. I called a friend and work out a deal between them for 400 bucks.

Next day, he knocks on my door and says "Hey, just remembered that I have some bike tools, that I won’t be needing now. You want to take a look?" Of course I did, but was expecting to see an all-in-one trail tool and some tire levers. Instead he slides out a drawer of his toolbox and it is chalked full of brand new Park tools, NEVER USED, some in the packages. And next to the toolbox was a set in a hard travel case (great to have in the truck at the trailhead). AND he reaches around the back of the toolbox and pulls out a park workstand, not the cheap one either. I nearly passed out. I tried not to look overly excited…Yawn…until he said "What do ya think? 200 bucks". I produced $200 like a magician pulling some fake flower out of his sleeve. The workstand is the Deluxe home mech PCS-4-2 and goes for about $340. The tools are just to many to list, but it took me 3 trips to get them to my garage.

I think that him and his wife were splitting and he was trying get get cash for stuff she was probably going to get. Anyway, my gain.