Re: Introducing myself

"ChiliPepper" wrote

[quote="USAFbiker":398w4tw5]Haha thanks for the response guys.

I didn’t want to go into the actual military (you jarheads) so I went with the AF. Plus my dad has been in 20+ as a pilot and i got it in me.

We are the most (un)military military family ever…stepmom was a dentist, dads a pilot…and i’m doing medcorps lol.

I think it will be really fufilling to put new lids on all you jars that get broken over in the sandbox.

And actually, the AF is back to actual PT after they found out Airmen couldn’t keep up with the actual fighting guys…no more bikes for us 😀 but the joke is well received.

Glad to know I’m not the only one.

Ha! Ha! I actually wanted and now wished I did go into the Coast Guard, so I could have pursued search and rescue and then drug enforcement. Even though I did love the corps, I did pursue a corpsman MOS (with the assistance of the Navy) so I could use that toward my advantage when I got out and started a career in the EMS as a Fire-medic/Firefighter worked out well, though I would have rather flew with search and rescue (Guardian) and drug enforcement in the CG. I always wanted to be a "Guardian"

So, you guys in the AF finally learned what PT is? That is a hell of an achievement for you guys. 😆 😆 😆[/quote:398w4tw5]

Chili…your a FF/EMT now? I was on a VFD in my home town for my senior year of high school and summer…going back this summer. It’s a small deal, two engines and two brush trucks…every now and then we catch a good one though.

Doing that ALMOST made me switch to FF/Paramedic school and what not, but I had to stick with my first goal. My ultimate goal is once I get done with my 4 years required AD, go reserve and get my EMT-P certification along with FF stuff. Have that be the "day job" I loved it.