Re: First things first… How to teach kid to ride 2 wheeler

Well… It’s been a long road, but she’s finally on two wheels. Last week we went to a park and rode a long gradual hill where she could concentrate on balance and not have to pedal. She was riding without the training wheels hardly touching the ground. Then we met some freinds at the mountainbike trail where the kids play and ride around the playground. A friend took them all down the fire road to the back of the trails. and I met up with them there. After riding behind her on the fire road back ot the parking lot, I told her her training wheels never touched the ground. I asked her if she wanted to ride without them next time, and she said yes. Probably helped that a friends daughter of the same age was there riding without them. Removed them Friday night, and have ridden all weekend with her and she’s not looking back! Went on a couple 2-3 mile rides. She even went thru some grass, and a couple shallow ditches. She’s all smiles!
Now I’m looking for a mountain bike for her!
My fearless 4 year old now wants hers taken off! I have no doubt she’ll be on two wheels quickly, since she’s not as nervous or cautious as her sister.