Reply To: Labor Day Weekend

Wife and I rode our first singletrack Labor Day weekend. It was a great time, and a great experience. We rode the green trail at NuDraper (ND) MTB park SouthEast of OKC. We’ve ridden a local fire road a few times, but this was our first time on anything like this-twisty and turny, some climbs that challenged us (most of you would probably blow right up em-we’re not exactly in shape for this just yet!) and had a ball. We rode it Fri PM, in about 50 minutes. Went back Sunday, rode it in 46:43. I went back yesterday, and managed it in 38:50. Improvement! However, that’s still a lot of time for a 4 mile loop….I can’t wait to get into better shape where I can just enjoy the ride, and not be worrying about trying to breathe and stuff! Our legs burned, we were sweaty-but we didn’t take either of the two cutoff escape trails-we finished each time. I know a 4 mile green loop isn’t terribly impressive to the majority on here, but it was a milestone for us, and a great intro to the sport. We’re digging it! Though we do have a newfound hate for sand [url:1vc8iq5r]http://www.okearthbike.com/MAP%20OF%20DRAPER.pdf[/url:1vc8iq5r]