Reply To: Online shopping

"steve32300" wrote
Your LBS is the way to go. They can answer all of your questions without spending hours surfing the internet for answers. Also, if you build a relationship with your LBS, they will usually give you discounts without you having to say anything. Plus, I like to drool at the actual bikes/gear at my LBS versus looking at pictures on the internet.

Yep,this past week I have really been using my LBS here in colorado,theres a place called WheatRidge cyclery and the place is amazing and has been around for like 30 years.I remember it from my childhood when it was just a very small bike store and these days it is worth it to just take a walk around inside because they do everything there,service,sales,bike fits,lounge area to watch videos,bikes galore,fitness classes,and they treat there customers just like they would treat the owner of the place himself.Really,and I mean Really makes ya feel like you belong.
They have maintenance classes which I have attended a couple and are great,even learn somthing when its stuff I already have a grasp of.They also have a shock and fork rebuild prgram (along with anything else machanical) where (for a fee) you can go in the back with them and they will service your suspension while you learn how to do it to save the cost of labor the next time its time for suspension service.
I’m telling you WRC(wheatridge cyclery)is doing everything they can to support there customer base in return.I realized alot by going to the maintenance class the other night and have a refreshed feeling about my bike.

wish i had shop like that locally here in Pennsylvania where i’m at that sounds so cool its treatment like that you dont get from Corporate America and its destroying our great country. Next time you go in there give them a big CONGRATULATIONS from a Pennsylvanian who applaudes them for the way they run their business.