Welcome

Hello and welcome….There are as many ways to determine which MTB to buy as there are MTB’s. Here is a method that I like. First I go to every quality bike shop and look at what they have and I search out the bikes that are visually appealing (will I look good on this bike?). Then I look at the componetry. (does it have components that are up to the task?) Sit on the bike and think about how it feels. Fit and comfort are important things because if it doesn’t fit and is uncomfortable, you won’t ride it. Next, take it for a test ride. Price is the last thing, because the bike is no good if you can’t buy it. Now, go home. Do research on the bikes that stand out in your mind. Ask other riders, but remember this; Any QUALITY, name brand is going to be a good choice. Reputable bike companies spec out their bikes comparably to other companies at price points and models. (A $1,000.00 Gary Fisher HT will be comparable to a $1,000.00 Trek HT) My current MTB is a Gary Fisher "Cobia", it’s a 29’er HT (hard tail) I went looking for a FS (full suspension) but loved the look and feel of the 29’er, so I bought it and I could not be happier. The 29’er clears obstacles like a dream and cuts through sand boxes easily (important down here in Az). Remember some things you were taught as a child; A good first impression goes a long way. Trust your instincts. Listen to the little voice in your head and last, but not least, if a deal sounds to good to be true, then it is. A simpler method goes like this; If you like it, then buy it and screw what anyone else thinks. The most important thing (in my opinion) about MTB’ing, is to have fun!

Attack life! It’s going to kill you anyway.