Reply To: Clipless pedal tips?

I’m an extreme newbie to mtbk’n and to this website… I was readin thru all the reply and things for this topic and I gotta say, "I don’t think the guy that posted it got much help" I read two or three small things to help this guy out. I also read alot about it’s our style riding one way isn’t better than riding another it’s a choice blah blah freakin blah. My point exactly IT’S A CHOICE. If he wants to ride clipless and is wanting tips on how to improve give him tips on how to improve. I read alot of the comments made and I felt like I was stupid for posting the question…wait…I didn’t post the question! All I’m saying is leave the arguing out and just give the guy tips on clipless pedals.

I for one agree with practicing unclipping and clipping on level grassy areas till you get the hang of it. I had clips on a cross country bike and concrete isn’t so forgiving when you try to come to a stop and your feet get caught up in the clips. Just like anything else it takes practice on top of practice on top of more practice and once you think you got it practice some more.

Good luck man! I’m right there with ya on learning new things about mtbk’s