Reply To: Jamis Dakar XAM?? and other possible XC AM bikes

Forums Mountain Bike Forum Jamis Dakar XAM?? and other possible XC AM bikes Reply To: Jamis Dakar XAM?? and other possible XC AM bikes

I’m still working on that bike… or more accurately put still trying to justify spending that kinda money. AH, what a temptation it is though to finally splurge for a dream rig. I should be able to swing it by mid summer, but I’ve been starting to look around and ask questions early.

I’m glad to hear that pivot/bearing issues of the VPP are clearing up a bit with recent models, at MTBR both the BLUR LT and the nomad have extremely high ratings with the only gripe being the pivots. Though I am no expert mechanic, I do tend to get a bit obsessive about keeping my bike clean, and I’m sure that fact will grow expontially with $$$ spent. I don’t typically ride in snow/mud/rain either since it 1)reeks havoc on the transmission, 2)reeks havoc on the trails, and 3) I always seem to end up stuck in the mud 😕 .

Hmmm…I’m defintely gonna test ride both the LT, the Nomad, maybe a few choice others but those are my top two off the bat. I do like the idea of going slightly more agressive with the nomad since I’ll always have my hardtail for pure XC rides (I could never be parted with my old trusty hardtail anyways). There’s also something about that sexy hyrdo form tube top that I can’t keep my eyes off.

Thanks for the input.