Reply To: new to CO

Welcome to Singletracks! There are a few Colorado folk who lurk in this forum, so let us know if you have any questions and we will be glad to answer them.

Keystone and Winter Park are the prefered destinations for serious lift-served downhill. (Silverton is supposed to be good, but way far away.) In the Springs, Jones Park is the prefered shuttle run. Of course you can ride up too.

In any case, you won’t be disappointed with the biking opportunities.

thanks for the reply 😀 I’m starting to get settled in, doin some house hunting and stuff.. looks like I’ll have to get a rental if i want to ride a couple times before winter gets here. My AM rig isnt here yet, and i believe the M3 would be a bit of overkill, and a pain to pedal up anywhere ;)
Are there any shops that are more DH/FR oriented? I’d like to build up a freeride rig to beat up on the stuff I heard was being built in red rock canyon. I’m not sure if thats finished yet, I just read about it on medwheel.org and if anyone on here is doing any volunteering for it, I’d like to help out also, please pm me and let me in on how to help.

if anybodys up for an aggressive AM/XC ride I’d like to do some this or next week.. I’ve been doin a lot of runnin around, but I really want to ride soon as possible, so get up with me.