Reply To: Guardian Angel

Man, hook me up with whatever you guys are smoking…
Had a great crash this morning.
I was riding a new line I had built several months ago called ‘The Dragon’.
Still haven’t cleaned it yet. I almost did this morning.
It’s a sweet singletrack that leads to a series of steep, behind the seat descents with some tight corners and hairball twists and turns. One of the last turns takes you over a log and you sort of have to bounce down and into the 90 degree turn to the left. After that, there is a STEEP right, sweeping turn into a straight. At the very end, it suddenly steepens and right before your eyes is a large boulder.
Just before the boulder is a dogleg turn to the left. If you screw this up, you will endo over the boulder for a good 10-15 feet of air.
I was trying to clean my new trail without lowering the seat… 😏

As I made the turn to the left, around the boulder, I managed to nail the seriously steep turn to the right and went far off-line and held on for several nano-seconds before going over the bars and tumbling into the loam. The bike and I did two flips and I hung on for dear life as the storm debri was closing in..
The chainrung gashed my left ankle, drawing some good amount of blood.
As I got up from my entaglement with the local flora and fauna and fungi, I noticed that if I had cleaned that last turn and rocketed into the steep exit, I would have been greeted be a thigh-thick tree crossing the trail, about 3 feet off the ground, right at the end. There is no time to stop before the end on this exit.
I was meant to wipe out…
I’ll try to get some pics up late this week.