Re: Your best crash story

Going to keep it short and sweet.

Was on a solo ride, after making the summit start descending on a loose gravel rocky section of the trail before getting into some sweet technical single track. The descend had a rut on the left side full of rocks and I told my self that if someone fell there it was going to hurt. Guess what? Almost intermediately my front wheel slips and changes my direction to the left and I find myself inside the rut trying to survive the rocks.

Felt like loosing control and all of a sudden I tell my self "This is going to hurt", went OTB and landed shoulder first on my right side. Hit my head and elbow in the process, net result, a nice gash and hole in the area between the forearm and elbow. After a bit on the ground, collected my self, assessed the damage, finished the loop and went home.

The funny thing is that after the ordeal went for a round of golf, the starter the guy noticed my freshly wounded arm and thought that I had fallen in the parking lot, he offered a wet towel and asked it I needed assistance, with a smile I explained what happened and we both had a laugh.

Good times!