Reply To: Your best crash story

I wrecked the other day and my bike got stuck in a tree. The other day I was riding a local trail backwards so all of the obstacles were a little more difficult than I was used to. I came up to a pretty big log laying across the trail and decided to try to hop over it. I popped the front tire over, but apparently didn’t have enough speed to get the back tire over. The front tire stuck right into the ground and the back tire got hung up on the log. I knew I was done at this point. I couldn’t stop myself from moving forward and veering off to the side towards a ditch about 3 feet deep. There was a tree laying across the ditch and I knew I was going right for it. I managed to jump off the bike and over the tree, but my bike didn’t quite make it. I landed with a thud down in the ditch (in a patch of poison ivy no less) and my bike got stuck in the tree. It was just hanging there like I put it there on purpose. I only got a couple scratches and bruises (and poison ivy the next day), but I was ok other than that. I will post a picture if I can figure out how.