Reply To: MTB Vacation Suggestions?

<p>I went to Sedona the other week for the first time and it was awesome.  I live in Yuma, so I’m used to the heat.  If you don’t mind heat, I’d recommend it.  But if you are looking for something cooler with a similar vibe, Flagstaff is a great place to ride in addition to Bike Nerd’s recommendations.  It fits right in his recommended elevation range too.  I camped there a few weeks ago for one night, then hit the trails in the morning.  You can camp in many areas for free.  Or you can hit the Flagstaff KOA, which is relatively cheap and offers bathrooms, showers, etc.  If you choose to camp, be sure to check the fire ban policy.  I had to rely on electric and propane for cooking because fires were banned when I was there due to the dry conditions.  </p><p>I hit Sunset Trail as the feature trail in Flagstaff.  It’s located on Mt. Elden and surrounded by many other trails.  I wasn’t yet acclimated to the altitude and could definitely feel it.  Needless to say, I didn’t break any records, but I had fun.  It’s also conveniently located near the KOA campground.  </p><p>If you do ever end up in Sedona, I recommend hitting up Over the Edge bike shop.  I stopped by and those guys hooked me up with good gouge on which trails to hit based on what I told them I was into.  The shop is small, but they have some nice stuff.  The guys working there were really cool too. The feature trail I hit there was Mescal.  </p><p> </p>