Reply To: Who's still buying/selling bikes or parts person to person during covid-19?

I am buying online or in person as I would anyway, to the extent the states are allowing it. I am more cautious in terms of hygiene, washing up after touching stuff, etc. In Ohio the bike shops were allowed to stay open and are using hygenic practices to minimize risk.  Clearly the disease is very serious for some people, my wife’s cousin who was older but otherwise healthy, died from it. Other people never knew they were exposed.  It seems to have random victims, with some comorbidity factors contributing to worse results.  On the other hand, we need to get back to work, we need to live while we are alive.

I think the collective freak out is because human beings have learned and conquered so much with medical technology, it has skewed our perception of risk. Nature will never be completely defeated.  We remain mortal, so the question is not “if” we die, it is “when”.  Get outside, ride your bike and enjoy the time you have.  I hope I don’t go soon, but when I do I have no delusions that the world will (or should) stop turning.  I just hope I convinced a few people to ride their bike along the way.