Reply To: Prioritization: Frame or Components

I fully respect your opinion and you are definitely more in the know, but I do find it interesting that you feel Fezzari features old school geometry. Their latest stuff is pretty cutting edge. They were one of the leaders in the latest geometry when they designed the La Sal Peak with a steep 78 degree effective seat tube angle and slack 65 degree head angle. It was designed to be 1/3 climbing and 2/3 downhill (more of a next generation All Mountain). The Signal Peak has a 75 degree seat tube angle and a steep 68 degree head tube angle and was designed to be 2/3 climbing and 1/3 downhill (more of a next generation XC bike). The Abajo Peak and Cascade Peak are inbetween those two with a 75 degree seat tube angle and 66.4 degree head tube angle.

For reference, the Canyon Neuron CF 8.0 has a relatively old school 74.5 degree seat tube angle and 67.5 degree head tube angle.

Admittedly, I am just learining what all this geometry stuff means, so I would be grateful if you want to punch me in the face and set me straight.