Reply To: Looking for help/guidance

Brandon… Welcome to MTBing in North Texas.  No shortage of trails here (200+ miles within 45 minutes of each other)!  And we have our fair share of bike shops to boot, with just about every brand represented.  Many of them are happy to demo/rent bikes too, so you can try things out.

There’s a lot of money running around DFW, and you’ll see that in the bikes you see on the trails.  In other words, a lot of $6k and $7k bikes, many of which never see the dust cleaned off 1/4+ of their suspension. 🙂  All good, mind you, but no need to spend $4k out of the gate.  DFW trails can be ridden on nicely equipped XC or trail bikes, hard tail or FS.  I like riding all of DFW’s trails, but like to gravitate to rock/bolder gardens spots like Northshore West, Ilse du Bois, Johnson’s F loop, etc., so I prefer full suspension on my daily use bike.  Not uncommon for me to lockout the rear suspension on the flatter fast stuff we have here (Legacy, Gateway West, Frisco Community, etc.).  My point being, a 130/140 travel FS will keep you happy in North Texas.

Which trails have you been on and frequent in DFW?