Reply To: Truck Bed Mounting Options

I have the a few of the locking LoBall track mount and use them in my 2005 Tacoma, they work great, however I dont have the Driveshaft track which is needed for newer thru axle bikes.  I like to Loball as it locks are secure, even had a bed full of bikes mounted with them and we did about 8 miles on a 4×4 trail to get to a camp spot and they all held up great, no movement or issues even while off road and moving fast over washboard trails and rocky sections. They are expensive but i like them, eventually I will probably buy the locking Driveshaft track if i feel I need to transport to a long camp trip again.

I also have a Race Face tailgate cover which I now use more for close to home transport, but not a long camp trip up to the mountain with the bikes. I used to use a blanket but the bikes would always fall over on turns and touch each other causing scratches on our expensive bikes.  The Race Face tailgate cover is 1000% better than a blanket as the bikes never move at all even at 75 mph and around sharp curves, and it has grooves for forks to sit in, velcro to hold downtube and notch in top of cover.  The blanket can work and is cheap but its not the best.  Any other questions about any of it id be happy to respond.