Reply To: 2017 Cannondale Habit 4 or 2018 Intense Spider Alloy or 2018 Giant Trance 2

If a local bike shop carries the Cannondale and intense I’d say ride it around the parking lot and see which one you feel more comfortable with.

The trance is nice, it’s meant for more aggressive trail riding. If you plan on hittung drops, chunky Rocky trails and jumps this would be a good bike for that style of riding.

The intense spider will handle anything you throw at it, and is a true trail bike. It pedals well and has enough travel for nearly any trail. Line choice is key when taking a bike with limited travel down chunky trails though. The Cannondale is a bit more XC than the intense, and it’ll handle all non gnarly trails fine. It won’t hold it’s line as well as the other bikes in rough conditions, line choice is key.

I’ve owned a Giant Reign and intense tracer in the past(160mm travel bikes) and personally think intense’s suspension provided a better pedaling platform. Giant’s suspension was a bit more plush to me, but I preferred the intense ride overall. Ive never ridden a habit so I can’t comment on how it rides.

With the 3 bikes you listed, the intense to me is the best bike to get.