Reply To: Trails in Lake Tahoe

Weather can b unpredictable in October. Over the edge bike shop in south lake offers shuttles and their website list popular trails and conditions.

Mr toads wild adventure is a must ride. Unless there’s a major cold storm it should be snow free till the first good storm in November. Shuttle Mr toads and at the bottom of toads take the road up all the way up to Armstrong connector. Bomb down armstrong connector and corral. This is by far my favorite route in Tahoe. Technical, fast, drops, jumps, berms. It just doesn’t get any better.

Shuttle- Ride Kingsbury (believe that’s the Tahoe rim trail section name) to van sickle, fun with good views, flume trail will have the best views.

Upper cold Creek is fun and I think if you combine it with monument pass that would be a great ride.

In graegle(bout an HR from Truckee) is Mills peak. It’s become a super popular fun trail.

October is the best time to ride downieville. Camp spots are everywhere, it’s bout 2 hrs from Tahoe but if you’ve never ridden there I 10000% recommend it. On the other side of the mountain is greagle so you could hit Mills peak the next day then go to Tahoe.