Reply To: Returning to this awesome ass hobby but overwhelmed with options

Thanks for the responses and sorry about all the <\div> shit, might be because I’m on mobile.

Is it true a 140 mm FS or less is unsuitable for a bike park? I thought some people now prefer a modern trail bike over a dh beast in a bike park.

So it looks like I’m still getting some conflicting answers, so I’m going to test ride and demo as many bikes as I can, especially full suspension vs. hardtail and see what I connect with. Seems like that is what it usually comes down to: what you connect with and the kind of deals you can get at the time, not really what a magazine or website reviewer says.

Thus far I’ve tested a Kona Honzo and Unit and Salsa Karate Monkey. The Honzo was great, I had so much fun just riding around the back of the shop. Coming from 2.0 26 inch tires, the 27.5+ seemed huge and I could really feel the drag. This was on flat pavement and cement though where the drag is most prominent – I bet it would be a different story on dirt. Might be a problem when I ride street though. 29 inch wheels seemed to work best for me. I wish I could demo those direct-to-consumer bikes man because they have some killer deals. Can anyone recommend a good 29er hardcore hardtail or full suspension trail bike that I should demo?