Reply To: Moving to RVA… from SLC-may need to be on suicide watch.

Thanks, Jeff for the input and links. We will be there during Riverock Fest looking for house rentals.  I’ll be sure to check that out, as our kids are avid climbers. And that beer link… god bless you, Sir ????

And Johnny0805 thank you, as well, for the info on RVAMore-will be looking to ride with some new friends, hopefully. This seems like a good way to meet some good folks.  I’ve been watching a lot of RVA and VA trail vids on the ol’youtube-and I’m pretty stoked on what you guys have going on.  And Asheville really looks fun, too.   And I appreciate your guidance on the West End. We are looking there, as well as the Musem District/Fan areas

Finally, Dr Sweets-with a handle like that-you could be our new dentist (you never know)-my apologies for the “Impressively snobby BS…” post.   Rereading my original post, I do come across as a bit dick’ish, apologies again to all who are seeking therapy over my words (and I promise to chuck myself in front of a bus on your behalf… eventually).

A few more questions, if any of you have the time to answer-thank you in advance:

1. Best public schools for a first and fourth grader?  It’s out understanding that you have to live directly in your public school’s zone in order for your kid/s to attend that particular one.

2. We are also looking at St. Bridgett’s, they seem very receptive  Anyone know anything about them?  St. Catherine’s still won’t return our calls or emails, seems strange-is this a school that anyone can recommend pursuing.

3. Also, if anyone knows of anyone selling a mid century home or a post modern style home, please let us know.

Thank you all again for the help and information.

DN