Reply To: Brevard in April

If you’re looking for easier flow trails, I’d recommend Tsali over Pisgah/Dupont area. If you’re camping, there are tent sites right at the trailhead or you can go a few miles away to Tumbling Waters campground (I recommend the latter). The trails at Tsali are not very technical although there is some good elevation. While Tsali may look close on the map, its a 2 hour drive from Brevard. I just read about the new trail in nearby Cherokee that looks promising. I’ll check that out next time I’m up there. On the other hand, Brevard is a cooler town and nicer area to vacation IMHO.

If you’re staying in Brevard, definitely go with Dupont over Pisgah. There are some nice flow trails in Dupont -definitely hit Ridgeline. I will also second the earlier recommendation for Mayberry’s and suggest going for breakfast. I’ll even throw in a lunch recommendation at the Mexican restaurant next door to Sycamore Cycles (can’t remember the name), but the Chorizo chicken dish is perfect for an after-ride meal. If camping, go with Davidson River. April will be a great time to go!