Reply To: Which Full Suspension Should I Buy?

I need to add that i like Alafia State Park for its long flowy, turny, trails . We also have that in Tallahassee where i live. I also rode the Scapel SE1 in Tallahassee at a demo. My present bike is an entry level Specialized Jynx with Suntour XCT shock and Altus, Acera that i bought a couple of months ago as an upgrade from my rigid 95 Trek Mt Track thst was making my hands numb riding the rooty Tallahassee trails. I am getting into mountain biking after moving to Tallahassee bc so many mt bike trails here. I previously rode a Specialized Vita Elite road bike with straight handlebars on the extensive paved bike trails in Orlando. The Jynx performs ok (compared to the Trek rigid) and riding it constantly has really improved my skills, confidence  and fitness so im greatful for that. However, on my initial FS rides on the demos in Tallahassee and at Alafia State Park i was amazed at how these much better machines totally upped my capabilities.  I was a little intimidated before arriving at Alafia after watching numerous YouTube go pro videos of the blue trails but i did great and had a blast so now am committed to getting a FS. I also will mention i am 50 yrs old and saw LOTS of older riders at the fat tire festival.  I think these modern finely tuned bikes allow thw senior set to keep riding and having fun.